Maintaining the blog on your law firm’s website is a necessity, but sometimes it may be difficult to think of new topics to post to your blog. Google and other modern search engines are more complex and intuitive than ever, so they not only expect blog posts to be published on a regular basis but also for each post to offer relevant, accurate information to readers. You cannot publish halfhearted posts just to maintain a publication schedule, but how do you keep pumping out high-quality blog posts while managing all the other aspects of running your law firm?
You may just need to rethink your current blogging strategy if you’re having trouble coming up with new post ideas. One of the best advantages of marketing in the legal field is that it is a precisely targeted industry; the average attorney focuses on a specific geographic location when it comes to attracting new clients. There is also a plethora of content to explore in the legal industry, no matter what practice areas your firm handles.
Why Is My Site’s Blog So Important?
Google and other search engines use many different criteria to rank search results for users. The ultimate goal of any search engine is to maximize the user’s experience by providing the most accurate, relevant, and information-rich search results for a given search query. With this in mind, think carefully about what kind of information your target client base will find most useful, then pack that information into the blog posts you publish to your site.
Providing your website visitors with well-written, information-rich blog posts covering a wide range of subject matter ultimately boosts your SEO outcomes because search engines will assign your website more authority due to your high-quality blog content. It’s important to not only publish to your blog on a consistent schedule but also ensure everything you publish is fresh, relevant, accurate, and useful to the average website visitor.
Upgrade Your Blogging Strategy
To ensure your blog is pulling its weight as an SEO asset, try experimenting with new blog content forms. The average blog post about a specific topic may offer a great resource to your site’s visitors, but mixing things up shows users and search engine bots that your site offers a host of high-quality content pieces covering a wide range of information. Some of the new types of blog posts you might want to consider publishing include:
- “Listicle” posts. These posts provide information in an easy-to-digest list format. You can create all types of posts using this format, so start brainstorming ideas relevant to your practice areas. For example, if you primarily handle car accident claims, you could post an article about the “ten most common causes of car accident lawsuits” or “five things you should do after a car accident,” and make the content relevant to your local area.
- How-to guides. These posts provide readers with actionable tips and advice for specific situations. You may want to publish a guide of “what to do after a DUI arrest” or “how to prepare for a deposition.” These posts are great opportunities to provide readers with detailed information about different civil and criminal proceedings that might be relevant to their own situations. They can help your site’s visitors feel more confident in certain situations. If they ever need to follow the steps you provide for a given situation, they will remember your firm is the one that provided them with the direction they needed.
- FAQ posts. The legal field can be very confusing for someone facing a legal issue for the very first time. A “frequently asked questions” post about a certain legal scenario can be incredibly helpful to a website visitor who may be approaching a similar situation. For example, if you operate a criminal defense firm in Los Angeles, you could publish an article covering “FAQs about LA assault laws” or “FAQs about criminal prosecution in LA County.” There are virtually endless possibilities when you start thinking of the different practice areas you serve and the questions past clients have always seemed to ask about their cases. While you cannot divulge exact details about past cases, you can still draw on your past experiences to provide readers with a general idea of what to expect from a similar situation. These posts can provide readers with the basic information they need to approach a new legal situation with greater confidence.
- Commonly overlooked information. Think of the different types of cases you have handled within a specific practice area in the past. Can you think of any common trends among these cases in terms of information your client did not expect to encounter? As most lawyers know, all legal disciplines are full of nuance; no two legal cases are ever the same. Think of blog posts that tell stories about commonly overlooked legal information, common misconceptions about different parts of the law, and other obscure information that could be very useful in specific situations.
- “What to expect” posts. Encountering any type of legal dispute or criminal issue for the first time can be an incredibly jarring experience. When a potential client visits your website for legal information, it’s reasonable to assume that they may be experiencing some degree of desperation. Think of the information that a person in this position would most benefit from reading at a time like this. A “what to expect” post can help a potential client better understand their basic legal options in a specific situation, and they will appreciate the fact that your firm’s website provided this initial guidance to help them make sense of their situation.
These are five suggestions for different types of blog posts you should consider publishing – but the field is full of options for content. Depending on the type of law your firm practices and the types of clients you want to attract, you can probably think of many more ideas for your blog that help your firm stand out from your competition and display clear authority and experience to potential clients.
If you need to revamp your blogging strategy but can’t seem to find the time with all of the other responsibilities of running your firm, RizeUp Media is here to help. Our team provides a full range of digital marketing services, including blog content creation, to help you streamline your marketing efforts and maximize your appeal to potential clients. Contact RizeUp Media today to find out how we can help you upgrade your blogging strategy.