The world of marketing and advertising has changed drastically over the last decade. Whereas TV and newspaper ads once provided a wealth of information to consumers, the two methods are now nearly obsolete. With the advent of YouTube and other streaming services featuring more on-demand content than ever, the public is consuming media on its own time. No longer do we have to sit through commercials to get to our desired television shows. Instead, we simply turn on a streaming service and avoid advertisements altogether.
This has drastically improved the way we consume information and entertainment. However, it also presents unique challenges that businesses have to adapt to stay viable. As a result, one of the most important ways small businesses can advertise is through custom online video content. These videos can be shared on your website, your social media, and even inside your blog content, making them a versatile and personal way to advertise your business.
Advantages of Video Content
For law firms that once relied on television advertising, video is especially important. These are just a few of the many advantages to creating video content:
- Video builds your firm’s identity. Videos help create a cohesive visual message about your firm and its values. Giving a visual representation of your identity makes it easier for potential clients to solidify your practice in their minds and remember you later. Videos should serve as an extension of your brand, presenting your brand identity in a way that will reach people more effectively than articles or testimonials.
- Videos create visibility and engagement. Without unique content, it’s unlikely that someone who isn’t actively looking for legal representation will visit your page. Creating videos helps more people engage with your content even when they’re not actively seeking out your services. Though not all users will immediately hire you, their page visits promote better rankings on Google’s search results so that those who are looking for an attorney can find your firm easily. In addition, those who have interacted with your videos may remember you in the future when they do need legal representation.
- Videos build trust. Creating video content builds trust between your firm and potential clients. Learning more about your firm’s policies, your skilled attorneys, and seeing the effort to engage with multiple kinds of media gives your audience the sense that they can relate to your team of professionals. This effort to communicate in a way that is approachable to modern audiences builds a sense of trust before clients even walk in the door.
Tips for Creating Quality Video
To engage with new clients and keep your firm’s new business consistent, it’s important to create video content designed to build relationships. However, the videos you create must follow a certain set of best practices to work effectively. Once you make the decision to create video content for your law firm, make sure to consider these must-haves during the creation process to maximize your effectiveness:
- High quality. If you’re going to create a video to represent your firm, take the time to do it in a professional, polished manner. Low-resolution images, poor sound quality, and amateur editing keep audiences from watching. Worse, these issues can make your firm appear unprofessional. It’s worth investing in proper equipment or hiring a professional video team.
- Worthwhile content. Similar to technical video quality, the quality of the video content matters greatly. Make sure the script is well-edited and presents a cohesive message to your viewers. Extraneous content or overly-complicated legal jargon will alienate your client base. Be sure to use conversational yet professional language to convey your point. Most importantly, ensure your video serves its purpose and provides helpful information your users need to hear.
- Answers to common questions. One of the best things you can do for your clients is to include answers to common questions right in your video media. For example, if you’re making a general video about your firm, include information about pricing, attorneys, and specialties. Most people won’t go searching for this information if it isn’t presented. Instead, they’ll simply move on to another firm that answers their questions more efficiently.
- Succinct playtimes. It’s common knowledge in the video world that most people will not finish watching a clip that’s over 5 minutes long. As a result, it’s helpful to assume that your audience doesn’t have any interest in your firm before watching the video. Then, do your best to capture their attention immediately.
If the video is short, viewers see it as a very small time investment and are more likely to give up a few minutes of their time to discover something new. If the time commitment is high, most people will opt to watch something else. In general, two minutes or less is ideal.
- Tailored social media material. If you are creating videos, especially for social media, tailor the content to the platform you are using. The demographic of social media users varies from site to site, so creating content specifically for a site’s target audience helps your videos do well. For example, if you plan to post the video on Facebook, you’ll want to cater the content towards a middle-aged demographic. If you are using Instagram, create content that appeals to younger individuals.
Utilize Video to Grow Your Client Base
Making videos to market your law firm is one of the single best ways to grow your client base. Adapting to modern advertising techniques keeps your online presence relevant and effective. Better yet, video enables you to pull in new clients who otherwise would not have heard of you. However, it can certainly feel overwhelming to dive into a new kind of marketing strategy, especially if your firm lacks the equipment or resources to create quality video content.
Hiring an expert group to create your videos and manage your firm’s social media ensures that your content is truly doing the most that it can to build your business. At RizeUp Media, we offer a well-rounded set of services aimed at improving your marketing and advertising efforts. We know how to build brand-relevant content from the ground up. In addition, we have extensive experience managing social media platforms and online presences for law firms of all kinds. If you’d like to learn more about how these services could positively affect the growth of your firm, contact RizeUp Media to help.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.